Summer Camp Lead Teacher
The Miami Children’s Museum is seeking motivated and experienced Camp Teachers to join its 2017 Explorers Camp! Teachers provide essential input and creativity into the planning and implementation of the camp’s unique, cultural theme-based curriculum.
Camp Teachers are supported by Camp Counselors who serve as a teaching assistant in the classroom. Camp Teachers work closely with a team that consists of a Camp and Curriculum Manager and Assistant Manager, Camp Teaching Artist, MCM’s in-house theater group, and other MCM staff.
• Meet time requirements for group and independent lesson planning
• Prepare and lead 1-2 daily 30-45 minute interactive activities related to weekly themes
• Learn about weekly world culture themes and be comfortable engaging children on topics.
• Follow program schedule provided by Camp Manager
• Supervise campers at all times
• Attend weekly field trips
• Participate in required meetings, trainings and program assessment
• Oversee and guide campers through daily camp activities and projects
• Assist content specialists if needed
• Create a fun, welcoming and safe environment for kids
• Bachelor’s degree
• Teacher Certification preferred
• Minimum 3 years experience teaching or developing and leading educational programs for children under 10 years old
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Proven ability to develop innovative, multi-media, hands-on activities
• Bilingual preferred
• Session 1: June 12th – July 15th
• Session 2: July 17th – August 25th
*Must commit to at least one full teaching session
To apply email your résumé, cover letter and one letter of reference to Naldo Raphael at email@example.com. Please include job position and your name in the subject line