Administration Office Receptionist
Miami Children’s Museum is seeking an enthusiastic and professional Receptionist for the Museum’s Administration Office.
Answer the Museum’s telephone switchboard promptly and professionally. Welcome all guests to the administrative offices. Provide customers with accurate information about all of our museum programs. Lend administrative support other departments in the executive offices. Other duties as assigned.
- As the first point of contact, you will be responsible for making guests feel welcome and serve as the institution’s Director of First Impressions- Receptionist
- Be knowledgeable about all revenue based opportunities at the Musuem and have the ability to “sell” the opportunity
- Assist the Associate Director of Sales in the scheduling of the Museum’s classes, camps, group tours, and birthday parties
- Assist the Marketing and Sales Department in creating sales analyses and performing other related research assignments.
- Screen telephone calls and route them to the appropriate department(s)
- Distribute internal and external correspondence including faxes to all departments.
- Collect payments for ECC classes, ECI, after school program, camps and birthday parties.
- Receive all mail/packages and distribute to appropriate departments in a timely manner
- Coordinate all courier pick-ups
- Organize the copy room and break room
- Assist with the ordering of office supplies.
- Attend Museum related events as needed
- Other tasks as assigned
- Exceptionally friendly people person
- Graduate from an accredited high school or G.E.D.
- Professional telephone etiquette
- Two years of switchboard experience
- One year of sales experience
- Organizational skills
- Computer literate
To apply, please email your résumé, cover letter and one letter of reference to Yanet Goncalves at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include job position and your name in the subject line.