Summer Camp Lead Teachers
Miami Children’s Museum is seeking open minded, motivated and experienced Educators to join its 2021 Explorers Camp! Teachers provide essential input and creativity into the planning and implementation of the camp’s unique, cultural theme-based curriculum.
Our high quality camp programs promote the cognitive, physical, social and emotional development of our children. We encourage each child to grow at their own pace and we are committed to making each child feel valued and special.
Explorers Camp at Miami Children’s museum takes children ages 4 -10 on an intellectual journey around the world. The camp curriculum is designed to stimulate curiosity and boost global awareness. Each area of the Museum enhances camper engagement through interactive experiences. Fun, and hands-on activities about the arts, culture and community are integrated into the Museum’s 14 galleries.
Our camp aims to empower campers through creative-expression and challenges campers’ unique abilities by providing learning opportunities through decision making, collaboration and problem solving. Our open ended, multimedia approach allows campers to develop diverse skills and methods of thinking. We engage campers in physical activity and recreational play in one of our two on-site playgrounds and multi-purpose room.
- Meets time requirements for group and independent lesson planning
- Prepare and lead 2-3 daily 30-45 minute activities related to weekly themes
- Learn about weekly world culture themes and be comfortable engaging children on topics
- Follow program schedule provided by Camp Manager
- Supervise campers at all times
- Set good examples for campers, including respect for personal property, clean-up, sportsmanship, following rules
- Participate in required meetings, training and program assessment
- Oversee and guide campers through daily camp activities and projects
- Assist contracted content specialists if needed
- Communicate regularly with camp managers regarding concerns or challenges
- Create a fun, welcoming and safe environment for kids
- Bachelor’s degree
- Teacher Certification preferred
- Minimum 3 years’ experience teaching or developing and leading educational programs for children under 10 years old
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to develop innovative, multi-media, hands-on activities
- Bilingual preferred
- June 14 – August 13
Hours & Compensation:
- 40 hours per week (M-F)
- $18 per hour
To apply email your resume, cover letter and one letter of reference to Naldo Raphael at email@example.com. Please include job position and your name in the subject line.