Associate Director of Development
This position is responsible for solicitation of funds for the Museum’s annual funds, programming, and capital gifts.
- Manage a pool of up to 100 prospects each year. This pool should represent a balance of individuals at various stages in the development continuum.
- Conduct on average two meaningful face-to-face prospect visits per week for identification & qualification, and advancing them through cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
- Identifies new prospects (individuals, corporations, foundations) that have annual and/or major gift capacity, with a particular focus on accessing new constituencies.
- Responsible for the effective stewardship of donors.
- Use of research and data to identify new prospects and funding opportunities.
- Assist with all special event fundraising as needed.
- Participate in professional development activities to enhance knowledge and skills, including reading fundraising periodicals, journals and e-newsletters, attending professional development conferences, and other related activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 3 -5 years of development experience.
- Solid fundraising track-record.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and work on firm/tight deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, organizational and planning skills.
- Extraordinary attention to detail.
- Positive, flexible attitude.
- Strong follow-through capabilities.
- Good computer skills and knowledge of Raiser’s Edge.
Reports To: Chief Development and Business Relations Officer
Supervises: Manage other members of the Development team as needed.
Other: Evening and Weekend Hours required.
Please send cover letter and resume to Elaine Blattner at firstname.lastname@example.org