Associate Director of Exhibits
The Exhibits department at Miami Children’s Museum is the centrepiece of the visitor experience. This position shall oversee all aspects of the Museum’s high touch, stimulating educational, fun environments for children 0 to 8 years old and their families. The individual who leads this department is the person to whom we look to for creative direction and execution in this arena. The Associate Director of Exhibits is responsible for all aspects of the Museum’s Exhibits and their related components.
- Manage the design, interpretation, fabrication, installation, and daily usage and maintenance, of more than 26,000 square feet of exhibits.
- Collaborate across departments on exhibit development, content, and accessibility.
- Collaborate with the Director of Museum Experiences and Director of Education for exhibit educational content and staff training.
- Propose new exhibits (travelling, permanent,) to the CEO/Executive Director and the senior leadership team for approval and implementation.
- Responsible for the design, development, fabrication, and installation of the Museum’s Travelling Exhibits, this project shall be presented to the CEO/Executive Director and the senior leadership team for approval and implementation.
- Collaborate with the CEO/Executive Director and the senior leadership team on selection, fundraising and marketing of Travelling Exhibits.
- Research, coordinate, install, and maintain temporary and permanent exhibits.
- Promote a fun, positive, visitor experience.
- Responsible for the Museum Exhibits department operation and budget management
- Hire, train, supervise, and evaluate Exhibits Department staff.
- Oversee the design, fabrication, and installation of Museum Exhibits, signage, and ongoing enhancements.
- Accountable for the development, communicating and maintaining of departmental policies.
- 8+ years supervisory and project management experience
- Strong background in museum and exhibit design and management
- Experience with purchasing and inventory control procedures
- Demonstrable success in the design and fabrication of exhibits for early childhood learning experiences
- Strong organisational skills. Sound verbal and written skills
- 8+ years related field experience
Reports To: Director of Facilities
Supervises: Exhibits Manager, Exhibits A/V Technician, and Exhibits Technician
Other: Evening and Weekend Hours as required
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include job position and your name in the subject line.