Exhibit Technician – Carpenter
The Exhibit Technician – Carpenter works on the fabrication, installation, and maintenance of in-house, travelling and off-site exhibitions. The primary focus of this position is on the daily care and upkeep of exhibit components, ensuring they are maintained to a high level of functionality and appearance, conducting or arranging repairs when required. Candidate must be able to work independently and maintain strong customer service ethic. Must have the ability to analyse situations, troubleshoot problems, and deliver appropriate solutions.
- Support exhibit maintenance and repair needs. Where possible, effect immediate repairs and assess the need for changes in design or materials. When required, acquire parts, equipment or external expertise to assist in effecting repairs.
- Build museum exhibit structures using a range of materials and tools/equipment. Must be comfortable working with a wide variety of power tools and workshop equipment: table saw, skill saw, pneumatic tools, router, etc.
- Maintain inventory of building materials, tools/equipment, and order supplies.
- Participates in finish and detail work on exhibit environments.
- Maintain a clean, organised, and safe work environment.
- Observe safety and risk management procedures in public areas and work spaces.
- Assist in the set up and break down of travelling exhibits and special events.
- Facilitate with exhibit-related work at off-site locations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years of related experience
- Skilled in carpentry
- Sound verbal and organisation skills
- Basic knowledge of computers
- Must be able to lift heavy loads
Reports To: Exhibits Manager
Classification: F/T Non-Exempt
Other: Regular weekend hours; occasional evenings
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include job position and your name in the subject line.