The Marketing Manager is responsible for creating, implementing and measuring the success of a comprehensive marketing and communications program that will enhance the organization’s image and position within the community. Marketing strategies include, but not limited to: printed materials, public relations, social media, advertising, promotions, community events, special events and website. This position reports to Chief Marketing Officer.
- Build the Miami Children’s Museum’s brand and develop strategic marketing, promotions and public relations plan.
- Develop and create promotions for the Museum to increase awareness and revenue.
- Oversee the production of promotional materials including brochures, e-blasts, newsletters, print ads, programs, events, and other materials to increase awareness.
- Collaborating and building existing and new relationships with media for public relations opportunities and/or cross-promotional efforts.
- Serves as primary liaison to all vendors to complete production of printed materials, advertisements and promotional items.
- Assist in the development of an annual PR strategy and platform for the organization; consisting of strong PR strategies to maximize awareness of organization through press releases, media event and speeches.
- Create promotions that will raise awareness for exhibit openings and signature museum events.
- Implement and manage community events promoting the Museum
- Works with graphic designer to develop key Museum collateral including e-blasts, advertisement, newsletters and direct mail.
- Update and maintain website content.
- Work closely with other departments to ensure integration of all social media programs and initiatives. Determine new social media opportunities and improve existing channels. Measure and report on the use and success of social media activities.
- Support marketing, public relations, and sales, planning and coordination of projects to support overall marketing effort and/or specific program needs.
- Write speeches for signature events as well as other events as needed.
- Assist Chief Marketing Officers with budget process and managing budget.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or related field
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at a time and work on tight deadline
- Must be flexible and creative
- Knowledge of graphic design, printing and publishing
- Excellent computer skills
- Bilingual, fluent in Spanish
Reports To: Chief Marketing Officer
Departments: Marketing, Public Relations and Sales
Other: Occasional evening and weekend hours required
Send résumé and cover letter to Cristina Rodriguez firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include job position and your name in the subject line.