The Membership Manager is responsible for all aspects of membership cultivation and retention. Includes converting visitors into members, thinking creatively about membership benefits and events, and providing excellent customer service to members.
- Create and implement yearly membership plan to meet or exceed budget goals, includes identifying, cultivating and stewarding new and existing members.
- Monitor membership revenue and expense budgets.
- Prepare and submit mid-month and monthly reports detailing revenue, new members, renewals, etc. Generate reports for senior team to measure results of membership campaigns, and overall membership retention and growth. Monitor progress towards revenue goal.
- Identify and implement an upgrade plan to convert members to annual fund donors.
- Implement best strategies to increase annual fund gifts from members.
- Strategize and lead efforts with marketing department to develop membership promotions, partnerships, and communication. Coordinate production and maintain adequate membership supplies and collateral.
- Develop and direct strategies driving integrated mail, on-line and telephone campaigns as well as through online platforms, such as social media, website, and e-communications.
- Maintain up to date membership records and perform data entry as necessary.
- Create, promote and execute unique monthly member events, including for exhibit openings and signature museum events.
- Manage and maintain the tile campaign through tile parties, increased advertising, mailings and promotion of benefactor plus membership.
- In conjunction with the Director of Museum Experiences, create a membership training plan for DFl’s & Educators to maintain and implement incentive programs to encourage membership sales.
- Manage the Museum’s young professionals group, the Playmakers, including conducting prospect research and membership solicitation.
- Serve as primary representative of Membership program on a daily basis, and at all Museum events, including exhibition openings, museum programs, and members-only events.
- Responsible for other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work with a wide variety of
- Ability to handle multiple projects and work independently
- Detail-oriented, with strong organizational, analytical, and planning skills
- Strong self-motivation and the ability to work in a team environment
- Experience with marketing and telemarketing efforts
- Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge (or similar system)
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends as required
Reports To: Chief Business Development Officer
Classification: Full Time, Exempt
Departments: Development Department
Other: Occasional Evening and Weekend Hours as required
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Membership Manager.