Health & Safety Protocol
After a year of patiently anticipating a responsible time to reopen, the immersive exhibits and memorable experiences you love are now waiting to welcome you back!
Miami Children’s Museum is CDC compliant and has made changes to keep you, your family, and our staff safe and healthy. Some of the new protocols are probably obvious to you in this stage of the pandemic, affecting hours of operation, admission procedures, exhibit availability, occupancy, and more.
Take a look at some of the changes we have made!
ADVANCED CONTACTLESS E-TICKETING PLAY SESSIONS:
- Tickets must be purchased online in advance for a 2-hour play session
- Tickets must be reserved for everyone in your party, even those at no cost (like children under a year old)
- Choose from three timed play sessions during open operation days: 10AM–12PM; 1PM–3PM; 4PM– 6PM
- Each session allows 2-hours to explore all of our 17 gallery spaces
- The ticketing system collects information for future health-related communication
- Limited visitor capacity to allow families space to social distance and play safely
AT THE DOOR:
- If you or someone in your household is sick, we ask you to please stay home.
- Temperature screening (Entry for guests with a temperature over 99.5 is prohibited. Individuals thought to have an artificially high temperature are allowed a 15-min cool-down period before re-screening.)
- Masks are required for all guests over the age of 2 during the entire duration of your visit.
- Washing/sanitizing hands before entry and regularly during your visit
- Social distancing required during your time at the Museum
ENJOYING THE MUSEUM:
- Before and after each play session, team members will thoroughly clean exhibits, disinfect props, and launder costumes
- Adults must remain with their children/social units and should refrain from mixing with other visitors
- Food and drinks are strictly prohibited with the exception of personal water bottles
- Modified water fountains allow for an easy refill when thirsty
- Numerous hand sanitizing dispensers are conveniently located around the Museum
- Take the stairs to better health! We kindly reserve our elevator for people with disabilities, the elderly, and those unable to use the stairs.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Before purchasing tickets, kindly take a moment to carefully read our terms and conditions that protect you, your family, and our team members. We expect all guests and team members to comply with these new measures; failure to do so will result in being asked to leave our facility.
Miami Children’s Museum understands that the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency is ongoing and ever-changing. As such, we reserve the right to modify our health and safety protocols without advance notice.
- Following CDC guidelines, staff and visitors ages 2+ must wear a mask, covering the nose and mouth at all times while on the property.
- Temperature screening for each visitor before entry. A permissible reading is less than 99.5 degrees Fahrenheit. A 15-minute cool-down period is allowed for patrons with a possible artificially high reading.
- Maintaining Social Distancing (6 feet from other groups) from the start of your visit until you exit the Museum campus.
- Strictly prohibited: eating and drinking inside the facility except for personal water bottles with a lid.
- Refilling of personal water bottles is allowed at modified water fountains located near the restrooms.
- Adults must remain with their children/social units supervising play at all times, and refrain from mixing with other visitors.
- Feeling Ill? STAY HOME. Your play session is reschedulable. Symptoms such as fever, cough, loss of taste/smell, and shortness of breath indicate possible infection; please stay home and get better. We will see you another day!
- Washing and sanitizing hands are strongly encouraged with sanitizing stations located conveniently around the Museum.
- Take the stairs to better health! We considerately reserve our elevator for people with disabilities, the elderly, and those unable to use the stairs.
By purchasing tickets, you acknowledge and agree to the above conditions and the following waiver: An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public space (indoors and outdoors) where people are present. When visiting Miami Children’s Museum, you and your group do so at your own risk.