Museum Educators are responsible for guiding tours through the galleries, conducting educational activities for museum visitors, teaching outreach education programs virtually and at off-site locations, and sanitising exhibit props and maintaining exhibit floor upkeep.
1). Utilise hands-on teaching methods to interpret materials and exhibits for:
- Group tours
- Drop-in gallery activities
- Outreach education programs
2). Lead group tours through the galleries
3). Promote fun, positive, visitor experience
4). Ensure safety in the galleries
5). Maintain exhibit supplies and cleanliness
- Experience working with children age birth to grade five
- Ability to manage large groups of children at once
- Flexible, patient, and good rapport with the public
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Bilingual is preferred
- Responsible, dependable
- Previous “teaching” experience is preferred
Reports To: Public Programs Manager / Floor Manager
Department: Museum Experiences
Other: Part-time position, 15 – 30 hours per week. No more than 35 hours per week. Evening and weekend hours as required.
Send resume and cover letter to Ashley Harrison: firstname.lastname@example.org Please include job position and your name in the subject line.